Monday, October 8, 2007

Update - No TorqueX

This is just a smattering of updates.

TorqueX seems like a really good 2D engine, but I just can't figure it out. There's way too much noise going on. I've gotten more accomplished (and feel more confident) after I started over from scratch using nothing but XNA.

I downloaded the GameManagementState sample from here:
http://creators.xna.com/Headlines/developmentaspx/archive/2007/01/01/Game-State-Management-Sample.aspx

I now have a working menu system (with background music) that actually goes to the gameplay screen. On the gameplay screen, the background is there, different background music is playing, the two wizards are on their columns, and the idle animations are showing. Pressing Space, A, or B makes them do the casting, taking damage, and idle animations. I'm happy with the progress.

I got the new batch of animations from David Neale. The number of frames have been doubled, so it's a lot smoother. That guy does a great job.

That's all for right now. I hope to have a video up soon of the game (so far) running on the 360. It might be a week or two, though. I want it to look really sharp before I show it to you guys.

No comments: